Summer CSA Program
July 10th - August 31st
For members of the metropolitan area of Columbus, Ohio, the summer season is filled with hot, sticky days and warm summer nights. Seminary Hill Farm embraces this change in weather because it provides an opportunity for cultivating different varieties that thrive in the heat. From tart tomatillos to sweet sugar baby watermelons, the Summer CSA program delivers fresh flavor with a quality that goes unmatched. Our certified organic farm uses hand managed spaces to cultivate and harvest the food grown in our fields. When you join the Summer CSA program, you can expect to receive quality ingredients to enjoy and prepare every week of the summer season.
How it Works
1. Choose your CSA pickup location
2. Select your share options
3. Sign up with your preferred payment plan.
4. Arrive at your CSA pickup location and hand select your items based on your share size. Celebrate and enjoy!
What to Expect
The Summer CSA Program offers eight weekly distributions of fresh, high-quality ingredients harvested directly from our certified organic farm. Each week, members can meet us at one of our CSA pickup locations and hand-select the items in their CSA share from our farm stand. If you are not sure what to expect, look at the gallery above to see what our CSA members were able to choose from last season. Our farm stand will offer an average of twelve different seasonal varieties and each of these items will have value credits assigned ranging from three to six credits. You will be provided a number of credits based on the share size you choose. We will also have freshly-baked bread from Seminary Hill Farm Kitchen and pasture-raised eggs from our farm available as part of the selection. Our goal is to create a true connection from farm-to-table and the team is dedicated to offering a high-quality product that the community can gather and celebrate around.
CSA Share Distribution Location Information:
- Seminary Hill Farm, 3081 Columbus Pike, Delaware OH 43015
- Distribution: Tuesdays, 4pm - 6pm
- Begins Tuesday, July 10th
- Meeting Haus, 588 S 3rd Street, Columbus OH 43215
- Distribution: Fridays, 4pm- 6pm
- Begins Friday, July 13th
CSA Harvest Share Sizes:
- Salad Share: 16 credits per week
- Half Share: 25 credits per week
- Full Share: 40 credits per week
We also offer a Protein Share that features pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork sourced from hyper-local farms that are committed to the same tenets of sustainability that we hold in such high esteem. We have partnered with farms within our region that take great pride in offering a high-quality product for members of our community to celebrate. When you subscribe to the Protein Share, you will receive a variety of pastured chicken, beef and pork each week of the season. Each item will be source-identified so you will know the farmer that provided it.
Protein Share Sizes:
- Full Protein Share: Average of 10 lbs of pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork every two weeks
- An example of what one week of the Full Protein Share would include: 1 whole chicken, 4 1/2 lb burgers, 1 lb of ground beef and 1 package of chicken wings
- Half Protein Share: Average of 5 lbs of pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork every two weeks
- An example of what one week of the Half Protein Share would include: 1 lb of ground beef, 1 lb of ground pork and 1 package of chicken breasts
Meal-planning Guides, Cooking Tips and More
Each CSA member will also receive a newsletter that contains helpful recipes, storage tips and preparation ideas. Our chefs have worked closely with the farm team to develop a newsletter filled with information that is both practical and unique for our members. We realize that you have busy lives but still want to enjoy health meals. Our newsletter is designed with this in mind.