Fall CSA Program
September 11th - November 2nd
After the hottest months of summer come to a close, the fall season is a welcome relief to members of the Columbus, Ohio area. As the temperatures begin to drop and the nights threaten frost, Seminary Hill Farm is busy planning and preparing for this anticipated change in the weather. Root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes and turnips, cultivate in our fields while more delicate varieties, such as herbs and salad mixes, remain protected in our system of high tunnels, low tunnels and hoop houses. Our practical knowledge of effective season extension techniques allow us to provide a full harvest each and every week for our members to enjoy.
How it Works
1. Choose your CSA pickup location
2. Select your share options
3. Sign up with your preferred payment plan.
4. Arrive at your CSA pickup location and hand select your items based on your share size. Celebrate and enjoy!
What to Expect
The Fall CSA program offers 8 weekly distributions. Not sure what we may offer during the Fall season? The gallery above shows some of the items our CSA members were able to choose from last Fall season. Each week, members can meet us at one of our CSA pickup locations and hand-select the items in their CSA share from our farm stand. Our farm stand will offer an average of twelve different seasonal varieties and each of these items will have value credits assigned ranging from three to six credits. You will be provided a number of credits based on the share size you choose. Pasture-raised eggs from our farm and freshly baked bread from Seminary Hill Farm Kitchen will also be available as part of the selection. You can expect fresh, high-quality varieties that are harvested directly from our certified organic farm and offered directly through our CSA program. Our farm team will also be there during CSA distribution to answer any questions you may have.
CSA Share Distribution Location Information:
- Seminary Hill Farm, 3081 Columbus Pike, Delaware OH 43015
- Distribution: Tuesdays, 4pm - 6pm
- Begins Tuesday, Sept 11th
- Meeting Haus, 588 S 3rd Street, Columbus OH 43215
- Distribution: Fridays, 4pm- 6pm
- Begins Friday, Sept 14th
CSA Harvest Share Sizes:
- Salad Share: 16 credits per week
- Half Share: 25 credits per week
- Full Share: 40 credits per week
We also offer a Protein Share that features pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork sourced from hyper-local farms that are committed to the same tenets of sustainability that we hold in such high esteem. We have partnered with farms within our region that take great pride in offering a high-quality product for members of our community to celebrate. When you subscribe to the Protein Share, you will receive a variety of pastured chicken, beef and pork each week of the season. Each item will be source-identified so you will know the farmer that provided it.
Protein Share Sizes:
- Full Protein Share: Average of 10 lbs of pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork every two weeks
- An example of what one week of the Full Protein Share would include: 1 whole chicken, 4 1/2 lb burgers, 1 lb of ground beef and 1 package of chicken wings
- Half Protein Share: Average of 5 lbs of pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork every two weeks
- An example of what one week of the Half Protein Share would include: 1 lb of ground beef, 1 lb of ground pork and 1 package of chicken breasts
Meal-planning Guides, Cooking Tips and More
Each CSA share will also include helpful recipes, storage tips and preparation ideas. Each week you can expect fresh, seasonal varieties as well as familiar favorites to help inspire you in the kitchen. The chefs at Seminary Hill Farm Kitchen have worked closely with the farm team to develop a newsletter filled with information that is both practical and unique for our members.